State Strategic Plan
Three primary goals of the Department of Educationʻs Strategic Plan serves as an organizing framework: Student Success, Staff Success, and Successful Systems of Support.
Goal 1: Student Success
All students demonstrate they are on a path toward success in college, career, and citizenship.
- Objective 1: Empowered - All students are empowered in their learning to set and achieve their aspirations for the future.
- Objective 2: Whole Child - All students are safe, healthy, and supported in school, so that they can engage fully in high-quality educational opportunities.
- Objective 3: Well-Rounded - All students are offered and engage in a rigorous, well-rounded education so that students are prepared to be successful in their post-high school goals.
- Objective 4: Prepared and Resilient - All students transition successfully throughout their educational experiences.
Goal 2: Staff Success
Public schools have a high-performing culture where employees have the training, support, and professional development to contribute effectively to student success.
- Objective 1: Focused Professional Development - Develop and grow employees to support student success and continuous improvement.
- Objective 2: Timely Recruitment and Placement - Timely recruitment and placement of applicants to better serve all students to address achievement gaps and attain equity.
- Objective 3: Expanded Professional Pipeline - Expand well-qualified applicant pools for al Hawaiʻi educator positions and expand the number of candidates who are prepared to support Student Success objectives
Goal 3: Successful Systems of Support
The system and culture of public education work to effectively organize financial, human, and community resources in support of student success.
- Objective 1: Innovation - Foster innovation and scaling of effective instructional and operational practices to meet and exceed our educational goals.
- Objective 2: Adequate and Expanded Resources - Secure adequate resources to support school and community-based plans for student success.
- Objective 3: Efficient and Transparent Supports - Increase efficiency and transparency of instructional and operational supports to promote student learning and help schools while stewarding public education resources.
PREʻs Academic Plan
Pearl Ridge Elementaryʻs Academic Plan addresses the stateʻs primary goals of Student Success, Staff Success, and Successful Systems of Support.