DOE Technology Responsible Use Guideline
The Department of Education has issued the Technology Responsibility Use Guidelines (TRUG) for all school to follow when using technology in schools. The link to the full pdf is below:
- I will not damage or harm any computer, electronic device, network or security systems at school.
- I will not access or use any applications, materials and communications that is not related to what we are learning in class unless approved by my teacher.
- I will not download, install, delete or update applications unless approved by my teacher.
- I will report problems or incidences to my teacher.
- I will not use the school network or devices to make money or for political lobbying.
- I will not share personal information such as (full name, home address or telephone number) on the Internet without permission from my teacher. I will not meet anyone contacted through the Internet.
- I will not use devices or the Internet for unethical, obscene or illegal purposes. I will not post, send, or access pornographic material, inappropriate text or graphic files.
- I will not send, receive or use any form of electronic media (email, web pages) to anyone that may: bully, intimidate, annoy, threaten, offend or break laws.
- I will be responsible for my account. I will not share my password with anyone.
- I will not use another user’s account or password without teacher authorization.
- I will respect copyright laws. I will get permission or licenses for anything I post or access. I will not illegally distribute or duplicate unauthorized copyrighted or licensed material.
- I will not make copies of copyrighted software, unless permitted by law or by the owner.